Tuesday 28 April 2015

Everyone has a sweet tooth? | Foodie post

Lipgoss girlies,
 
Do you have a sweet tooth? Everyone has a sweet tooth right?
 
 I've always been a sucker for a piece of cake or chocolate, you can ask anyone in my family that although everyone in my family is a lover of all sweet things. Now I know I'm straying quite afar from my department of the blogging world as you might say, but I thought I'd indulge a little in this blog post I've got for you guys.
 
My lovely auntie, uncle & cousins paid a visit this past weekend, it was great to see them seen as though we haven't had a great big catch up since before the new year. We do the usual general chat about how college/school is going, (boring) then there's the chat about how much I've grown up and we also have a little gossip (I have a very suitable blog name!) of course you have a gossip, it's what family does. My uncle really is quite the joker & knows how to make me laugh, he was talking about eyebrow threading, don't worry, he doesn't get his eyebrows thread, that would be weird. (ooh maybe I'm not straying too far away from my beauty blog after all. Tip - Never get your eyebrows threaded first, better to get them waxed)
 
Anyway,
 
They always bring round some treats for us whether it be home made or bought, so as you can see from the image inserted below, yes... they took a trip to....
 
Tadaaa!
 
 
I've always wanted to make an afternoon out of going to betty's but I'm not fortunate to have one close to where I live, but I would absolutely love to go to the tea room in New York it looks beautiful, ahh one day.. a girl can dream.
 
I might as well say that I'm a coffee & a tea person so you can consider it afternoon tea OR coffee for me, it's not very often we get any treats from betty's tea room, they were lovely enough to bring us some, although I do know that my mum received a giant Easter egg a couple of Easters ago, it was probably one of the best chocolate egg's I have ever tasted, I definitely recommend, a little bit pricy but well worth it when you've had a little piece.
 
 
The packaging is super pretty of course, I find that betty's is your traditional way to enjoy tea with the ceramic teapots decorated with the cute patterns, served in little tea cups with saucers, well that's how I would picture it in my head, very vintage & warm.
 
A bit like the image below, they looked so good that you didn't want to eat them although obviously we ate them, especially while they were fresh, they were decorated in a simple pretty way with the pink and the yellow complimenting each other with the daisy's piped delicately on the top. They tasted amazing with the soft Victoria sponge like filling on the inside. I found that just one made me full which is great for my thighs (ha ha!) not too heavy though, just enough room left for a cup of tea.  
 
 
I've had some of the shortbread biscuits also, they're probably one of my favourite kinds of biscuit, they certainly beat shop bought shortbread, that's for sure, it's always great to have something to dunk in your tea or coffee, although personally I think short bread goes better with tea?
 
Are you a tea or coffee person? I have a taste for twinings English tea, or their fruit teas.
 
 Where are the best tea rooms? I' m thinking about taking a visit to one very soon!
 
What does your sweet tooth crave? Let me know!
 
Thank you for reading
 
Love from
 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment