Sunday 10 May 2015

April Favourites | Better late than never

 
Now I know that I'm a little late this month but I've been busy with my new job, so I do apologise but as they say it's better late than never afterall. I've been loving quite a few things this month so it's been hard having to narrow it down into a blog post, I always struggle to do these blog posts because it's sometimes hard to actually pick just a few favourites.
 
 
 
 
In April I really enjoyed starting to read a book I got for my birthday, it is the book 'Girl Online' by Zoe Sugg. I'd been wanting this book for a while way before my birthday so I was really happy to receive it, I love the story so far, I like being able to relate to a book and I didn't have a problem connecting to the story I won't give anything away for those that haven't read it yet or are only at the beginning of the story, but I really do think it's a good book to read this spring, so grab yourself a copy!
 
 
Also this month, well it's the May copy but shhhhhh...
 
I bought the Vogue magazine, I used to buy it a lot a couple of months ago but sometimes certain places don't stock vogue. But I really wanted to start to put a scrap book together for this seasons and next seasons fashion trends to then share with you guys, I love making things and putting things together and I'll have a lot of spare time over the summer so I am really looking forward to building it up and showing you the end result.
 
 

 
 
 
This month I am really loving my Urban Decay Naked 3 eye shadow palette, it comes with 15 different pigments. I'm quite fair skinned meaning really dark colours don't exactly suit me as I have blue eyes and fair hair naturally, this palette is filled with pinks and light browns with one really dark colour which can be used for the smoke eye effect which I must admit I'm still perfecting, but in spring and summer I feel that you don't want anything too heavy on your eyes as it gets quite warm so just a stroke of eye shadow and a coat of mascara is a good alternative for the spring/summer season.
 
Urban Decay have two other palettes out to go with the naked 3, these are naked 2 and the naked palette, they're all around £38 for one, I picked mine up at a Debenhams store. Little bit pricy but well worth the money, mine has lasted me ages.
 
 Definitely one of my favourites this season!
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
I'm really loving lip balm this spring, especially my lollibalm by benefit, just for the simple reason it makes a great alternative to wearing lipstick all the time, it can be a pain in summer to have to keep applying lipstick during the day. I have just been carrying this round in my bag, it's just super easy to whip this out and apply without a mirror, no smudging, slightly pigmented with a pale pink, also a bonus when it comes to keeping your lips hydrated!
 
 
 
 
 



There's probably only one thing I hate when it comes to spring and summer and that's when my hair becomes dry, now that I have blonde ombre, I want to keep it healthy so I've just been using Schwarzkopf  'got2be oil-licious' this is a tame and shine oil with extracts of argan oil, I use this daily, mostly after a shower just to put on the ends of my hair, it has really been helping as well as giving my hair a 3 minute treatment each week and laying off the hair straighteners!
 
It's definitely one to try and can be used on all hair types, this can be found in any drugstore for around £3-4.
 




 I have loads and loads I could write about this month for my favourites, but it would take me forever to write just something little about each of them!
 
 I hope that you are all enjoying spring so far, I know that I am, I have so much to look forward to in the next week and I can't wait to share it with you guys!
 
Thanks for reading!
 
Love From
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment: