Sunday 15 March 2015

Shopping Trip - Benefit Haul

Hello my lovelies! 

Another blog post today because I'm feeling in the mood to write loads and loads today, I've just so much going on in my mind! 

So... 

The other day I went on a random shopping trip...

* yay for shopping * 

Before I leave the house I always have my mind set on things that I'd like or things that I have seen or that have had good reviews on other blogs! 

As I've said in a different blog post before, I have a benefit and Mac guilty pleasure and I just can't choose one or the other, so I ended up visiting both! 
I'm gonna start of with what I bought at benefit... Hence why the title is 'Benefit Haul' 
 

I've been looking for a decent foundation for months and months and I've never been successful, not until I found Mac, they've been the closest match to my skin so far, but I wanted a change and I heard a lot of good things about benefits foundation 'Hello Flawless oxygen wow' it's a brightening makeup, also oil free and has SPF 25.
 I got the foundation in the shade 'Ivory' and that's the lightest shade they have, which I was a little bit worried about because any other foundation in Ivory has always been way too dark for my pale skin, but the lovely girls at the benefit counter happily helped me out and let me try the foundation and to my surprise it's pretty much a perfect match when blended, it's silky smooth and leaves my skin soft to touch, it's a light to medium coverage but can be built to, recently my skin has been well behaved and I've only needed a light cover which is great! The bottle is compressed meaning it lets you know when you need more, which I absolutely love about this product! 



(I also got a cute little pouch of primer which I've wanted to try!) 

Now, I'm pretty sure every beauty blogger has been hearing loads of good things about this... 
Roller Lash by benefit, I've waited and waited to purchase this and now I finally have it!! 

And tadaaaa here it is... 


It is probably the best mascara since 'they're real' I no longer need my lash curlers, I've got pretty short eye lashes too but this makes them look 2 times longer than their actual length which I am very happy about! 
It says it lifts lashes by 97% it gives a longer lasting curl than any other mascara would! 

It also makes my eyes look bigger which I needed! 

Has a cute curved brush that separates the lashes lifts and curls them and the formula can last up to 12 hours! 

The packaging and tube is super cute and the lid is actually rubber for extra grip which I find super useful! I paid £19.50 for roller lash, in my eyes that's money well spent! Over all in my opinion after using this, it's the best mascara I've used and I highly recommend girlies! 

And last but by far not the least, I purchased the 'lollibalm' which I've had before it's a lip hydrator and it has a pink tint to it when applied, I find that it softens my lips and stops them becoming dry and cracked, I often get badly chapped lips in the winter
and using Vaseline all the time is boring, so it's really great that this gives a little bit of colour meaning you don't have to always use a lipstick if you don't want!

They have it in 3 other shades too a lighter pink and a darker kind of coral colour! 
This is around £15, and it's in the range with lollitint which is also a really great product! 


And that's my benefit haul! It's quite long so I do apologise but I'll leave it here!

I'd like to hear from you other benebabes about which products you use! Feel free to leave comments! 

Love from Baloo xx 








5 comments:

  1. How much was the foundation?x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, do you prefer the oxygen wow over MACs studio fix fluid (think one of your other posts mentioned you used it)? I've used the studio fix for over a year as I like a full coverage but wanting to try something new as I'm finding it abit too heavy and cakey looking x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey :) I have a love hate kind of relationship with the Mac foundation, I love it because it gives full coverage and is great for if my skin has a little more blemishes than usual or red patches, but I find it too heavy for everyday make up, but I used the benefit today and I've not had to touch it up or use a lot, goes great over my concealer and is light and hardly feels like I'm wearing any, so I like both, i think I'm going to alternate, I recommend it! It's a little more expensive than Mac but, I found I use more Mac foundation in one application than I do with benefit, I hope this helps x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really want to try the Lollibalm! The tints leave a bit of a stain on me before I even have time to blend it so the balms look like a great way to get around that :) x

    ReplyDelete